Thank you for your interest in the AYE study abroad program. We promise that your commitment to help reverse brain drain through our study abroad program will yield positive results for you and the continent at large. You are in for an exciting journey!
- Second year student at an accredited four-year U.S university
- Student must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must submit an official copy of academic transcript
- A copy of your current resume
- 2 letters of recommendations from professors or academic advisors
- An essay explaining your interest and why you should be accepted into the program (2 pages)
- A one-time $250 non-refundable processing fee.
Step 1: Please speak to an AYE Advisor before you begin the application process.
Step 2: Please speak to your home school's International Programs Office/ Study Abroad Office, Financial Aid Office and your Academic Advisor.
Step 3: Research courses you would like to take in order to make sure our host university offers them, and then work with your Academic Advisor to make sure you will get credit for those courses.
Step 4: Complete AYE’s Study Abroad Online Application.
Step 5: Prepare all your supporting documents and send to AYE
- One official transcript
- One un-official transcript
- One letter of recommendation
Step 6: Send a $250 nonrefundable fee. We only accept traveler’s check and money order written to African Youth Excellence, Inc.
Step 7: Work with your AYE Advisor and complete all additional paper work including immunization, course selection form, insurance, passport and visa if required.